Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Time to Blog!

I finally did it. I finally started a blog. It took me a really long time to decide whether this is where I wanted to share my story or not, but I think after almost 4 years of being a Birthmom I'm finally ready to write my story for the world (or whoever stumbles upon this blog). It's not because I've been afraid of what people will think or because I don't want people to know I'm a Birthmom, I just honestly didn't want to jump on the "blogging" band wagon. I've always felt like everyone and their dog has a blog and until now I just haven't had a purpose for it. I've always loved writing, not that I'm any good at it, and I've been feeling like I need some sort of outlet for my Birthmom feelings!!! 
I want my blog to be about my life in an open adoption, my life as a Birthmom and the trials and joys I face even today, four years out. I'm really excited about this and I hope that whoever reads this will get a better understanding of the adoption world, my world.  
Before I completely dive into my deepest thoughts and feelings I want to get my simple introduction out of the way. So here it goes! 
My name is Megan Anderson, I am 25 years old and I live in Utah. I was born in California , but moved here when I was still pretty young and have been here ever since.
I am the middle child of three, I have an older brother and younger sister. My family is very important, we've been through a lot and it's definitely made us stronger, and I feel us getting closer as the years go on. I am a proud member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Now, my religious views are very important to me and I would share them with anyone, but just know that I understand not everyone has the same opinions or views, and that's ok, but I feel like it has had a huge place in my adoption story. I love the gospel and my Savior and I never would be who I am today without Him and His sacrifices. So, of course, I have to mention it and will periodically throughout my posts.




I recently got married to the most wonderful man. My boo Steve! We have been married for 9 months this weekend and it's been perfect so far :) and by perfect I mean we have the everyday quarrels or spats, he loves to bug me and I KNOW I annoy him but I still love him with all of my being, and everything we deal with makes me love him more.  I'm hoping that one of these days he will make an appearance on my blog and introduce himself and his feelings towards adoption, so keep your fingers crossed!  Continuing on...I am a preschool teacher for a daycare center and I LOVE it...and not just because it brought me and my adoptive family together (more on that to come) but because I genuinely love teaching. I love watching my kids learn and grow, and I just love knowing that I can make a difference. I've been there for almost five years and I can't wait for many more! I love everything chocolate.....everything. I drink at least one 44oz of Dr Pepper a day, sometimes more. It's  one of the top loves of my life. I am extremely bossy and organized and a little OCD. Ok a lot haha I'm obsessed with Disney and mustaches, and my baby boy!!

Which I can't wait to start talking about so I'm going to be finished with my intro!
If there is anything anyone wants me to specifically talk about or if you want to just share your opinion on any of my blog post please do so! I think feedback would be great! If not I will just speak from my heart and share what I feel like needs to be shared. I am anxious for this opportunity to write my story and I hope it is a good experience for all! 
Until next time, thanks for starting this journey with me! 
Xoxo!
Meg


No comments:

Post a Comment